Monday, February 9, 2009

A Helping Hand

A Blogsite Reflection by Donna B. Fresco

A lot has happened in our country for the past decade. Most of what happened in our country involved corruption, political killings, constant increase in prices and many more. I never really understood why it’s hard to change what we used to live by. It’s like turning back to a bad habit. Many are hopeless while some are still waiting for The Perfect President. Wanting to be saved. Wanting to be lifted up from poverty.

It’s heartbreaking that we can’t start the change in us. It disappoints me much to see that many people DEMAND for change and yet, they still live by their old lifestyle, their old habits. I mean, you can’t expect change if your not willing to be part of it, if your not willing to move your feet and start a step.

Being part of this project has inspired me a lot as a future entrepreneur. From the life of Muhammad Yunus who willingly created hope for a lot of people to the social entrepreneurs who became different kinds of help to different kinds of people.

Today, it made me realize how hard really it is for someone to start adapting to change. There’s uncertainty, there’s a risk you have to make. And for a lot of people, especially the poor, they don’t have enough and they can’t afford to lose it. I realized that I am blessed by God not just financially or materially. He blessed me with a heart to reach out to people and be of great help. At this young age, I may not be able to do the same thing Muhammad Yunus or the other social entrepreneurs have done. But still, there’s a desire within me to make the lives of other people comfortable. As a future entrepreneur, I can help them by providing jobs and benefits they deserve.

All of these won’t be easy. But, if we really have the desire to help and reach out to those who are in need, nothing is impossible. In our own ways, we can always bring out our helping hands. I would like to share this quote that inspired me most. Hope you’ll also take time to reflect on it.

“Live simply that others might simply live.” ~Elizabeth Seaton

1 comment:

  1. You just knocked it out ate do! People kept on demanding change but even them can't move a finger to start the change that they want. You're right, it is hard to adapt to changes for there are things that are need to be considered and be given up. But if what you will give up can help millions of lives, why not right? :)

    ReplyDelete